Hi 5th Class,
Easter will be upon us very soon! Although it might not be celebrated in a way that we are familiar with, here are a few activities that you might like to engage with and try as we approach Holy Week and the celebration of Easter:
Grow in Love: We are on Theme 7: Holy Week and Easter
To access videos, songs and activities, simply login on the www.growinlove.ie website with the following details:
Why not create an Easter Hunt for any younger (or older) members of your family? Maybe using your knowledge of Easter and spring (take time to find out what flowers or plants are growing in your garden), you could include riddles, rhymes, and clues that lead to different areas of your home and garden - and could there be a prize at the end of the hunt?
Create an Easter scene of the three crosses on Galgotha using paint (add lots of water for a watercolour effect) or colored paper. Ideas attached below.
Knit an Easter Basket:
Challenge yourself - can you remember how to knit? (In through the rabbit hole, around the big tree, back through the rabbit hole and off pops she!) I have attached a few Easter ideas below - the beautiful Easter basket can be made with 2 long rectangular shapes (one for the sides of the basket, and shorter, smaller one for the handle), and one square shape for the base!
Don't forget to check the previous post for work to complete this week. If you are unsure of anything, or just want to ask a question, please feel free to email me! :) (email@example.com)
I miss you all and I hope you are keeping safe!
Hi 5th Class!
Here is work for Week 3 of our School Closure - Monday 30th March to Friday 3rd April
If you are unable to complete all of this work, please do not worry. I understand that this is a strange time for all, so only complete what you can. Don’t forget to keep helping out at home and try to get outside into the fresh air as often as you can!
1. Master Your Maths - To be completed everyday as normal (Week 27)
2. Work on Mangahigh (online – www.mangahigh.com) to complete – 1 task based on Division and 2 tasks based on Area.
Please email me if you need your username and password (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Spellings: Next spelling list (Attached below). Pick 10 challenging spellings and complete: 5 sentences and 5 definitions in your homework copy.
2. Novel: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (Read up to end of Chapter 18)
3. Complete “The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas” activity on Imagine Forest (online – www.imagineforest.com) that I have set for you.
Please email me if you need your username and password J (email@example.com)
1. Gaeilge – Fill in spellings for each week
2. Dán: Chuaigh me ‘dtín phictiurlann Pg. 97 Keep reading and learning the poem to the best of your ability.
3. Éist le Avicii vs. Lurgan – Wake Me Up (Words attached below)
- Art/Music/Physical Education (Your choice of one of these activities)
1. Create your own book cover for “The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas” – you can use anything you have at home! Pencils, markers, paint, coloured paper, or even make a collage.
2. Create a StopMotion based upon your favourite chapter of our novel so far. Can you retell the chapter by making a cartoon of the characters and the setting? For example, when Bruno hurt his knee and Pavel bandaged him up in the kitchen.
3. Create a dance routine based upon Avicii vs. Lurgan- Wake Me Up. Bain triail as an amhrán a chanadh freisin!
4. https://learning.gaa.ie/primary-school Complete 3 skill challenges from GAA Go. A new skill challenge can be found at the bottom of this webpage every day!
If you would like, you can send me a picture or video of your completed activity! I would love to see what you are getting up to!
Reminder: If you have not already sent me your Mayan Project, please do so as soon as you can! I can’t wait to see the wonderful work you have completed.
Keep safe and enjoy the challenges!
Hi 5th Class!
You might have noticed that we now have our own blog page - so check in here as often as you can to see updates on work and websites from myself. :) You are doing really well so far!
Just a quick post to let you know about a Live History Lesson that will be streamed on Facebook Live, from a Secret WW2 Bunker in Liverpool.
This might be of interest to you after we completed our work on World War 2!